The Institute of Journalism has a long history. Back in 1953, The Faculty of Journalism was founded in Taras Shevchenko University of Kyiv. 40 years later, on the base of the Faculty there was opened the Institute of Journalism.
Only professional journalists and the best scholars of the specialty 061 Journalism and 021 Audiovisual Art and Production work at our Institute.
According to the Enrollment Rules of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, we have two majors available, such as 061 Journalism and 021 Audiovisual Art and Production. Within these specialties, each student can choose among several educational programmes. There are also two educational levels – Bachelor’s and Master’s.
- Journalism and Social Communication.
- Publishing Business and Media Editing.
- Media Producing.
- Advertisement and Public Relations.
021 Audiovisual Art and Production:
- Cinema and Television Filming.
- Television Programmes Presenter.
- Screenplay Art and TV/Cinema Directing.
- Sound Directing.